Here are some tips and advice on how to take some great profile pictures of your homestay:
- Clean and declutter the room: Before taking any photos, make sure that the room you want to photograph is spotless, neat, and free of any distractions. This includes removing any personal items, such as clothes on the furniture or clutter, that might take away from the appeal of the space.
- Choose the right time of day: Natural light is your best friend when it comes to interior photography. Try to take photos during the day when the sun is shining, but avoid direct sunlight, as it can create harsh shadows and wash out the colours in your photos. If possible, aim for a sunny day when the light is soft and even. Avoid using the flash as it can produce harsh shadows and cause the room to look flat.
- Determine the right angle: Look for angles that showcase the best features of the room, such as a corner with a beautiful view, a unique architectural detail, or an interesting piece of furniture. Experiment with different angles to see which one works best and gives you the most visually appealing shot.
- Experiment with different lenses or settings on your camera/phone: A wide-angle lens can capture more of the room and create a sense of spaciousness, which is great for showcasing the entire space. We recommend using setting 0.5 to give a wide angle for each room.
- Adjust the lighting: If the room is too dark, use lamps or other light sources to brighten it up. This will help bring out the details and textures in your photos, making the space look more inviting. You can adjust the exposure on your camera/smartphone to balance the light and bring out the details in the room. This can usually be done by tapping on the screen and adjusting a slider.
- Pay attention to composition: Use the rule of thirds to compose your shots and make sure that there’s a good balance of negative space and subject matter. This will help create a visually appealing photo that draws the viewer’s eye to the main subject.
- Take multiple shots: Take several photos from different angles and with different lighting setups to give yourself a variety of options to choose from. You can never send us too many photos, even if they are similar. We will simply choose the best shots you have sent.
By following these steps, you should be able to create great profile pictures of your home that will help attract potential guests and showcase the unique qualities of your home. If you need further advice or clarification, please feel free to ask us!