1. London Homestays photograph competition (the “Competition”) is open to UK residents aged 18 and over subject to paragraphs 2 and 3 below.
2. Employees or agencies of Home From Home Student Services Ltd (“HFH”), or their family members or anyone else connected with the Competition may not enter the Competition.
3. Entrants must be registered as ‘Hosts’ for London Homestays from the time they submit their entry into the Competition to the time they are selected as a winner (as a Monthly Winner and/or as the Overall Winner, both as defined in paragraphs 16 and 19 below).
4. The Competition is open to all photographers (both amateur and professional).
5. Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
8. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
9. The image must not have been published previously in/on any other publication or website.
10. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered as entries for the competition. HFH reserves the right in its absolute discretion to extend the closing date where the entries received are of insufficient quality.
11. Hosts can submit multiple entries. All entries are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
12. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You grant HFH:
a. Permission for your entry to be published on HFH websites including but not limited to www.londonhomestays.com, www.uktudentresidences.com, https://londonhomestays.com/blog/ and associated social media platforms including but not limited to facebook.com, twitter.com, Instagram. By entering the competition you agree to grant HFH a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sublicense) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in GNM publications) for any marketing purpose they choose.
b. The right to use your name, county of residence and nearest train or underground station for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry, marketing purposes and/or as a winner of the Competition.
13. You also hereby waive all your moral rights in your entry. Notwithstanding the afore-going waiver, in order to use entries as intended and advised in these Terms and Conditions, (i) HFH may need to modify entries, including but not limited to resizing, cropping or colour adjustment as necessary, provided that HFH shall endeavour in undertaking such modifications to maintain the integrity of your entry as originally created; and (ii) HFH shall provide a picture credit for all entries.
14. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trademarks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If HFH has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then HFH may not consider it and may disqualify it.
15. Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
Picking the winners
16. The directors of HFH will choose one winning entry from all the valid Competition entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (the “Winner”). Full details of the judging process and the names of the Judges are available on request by emailing email@example.com.
17. When choosing the winner, the Judges will be looking for the most well composed, artistic and original image that shows either homestay accommodation and/or life with a student.
18. The Judges’ decision of who is ‘the winner’ will be made before the date specified and will be published in HFH’s marketing mediums such as Facebook and Twitter. The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The winner will receive £50 in M&S vouchers for use at any participating M&S store. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by you for cash or any other prize. You must pay all other costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
20. We retain the right to substitute the prizes with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
21. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions (with other hosts) are not allowed.
22. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
23. No purchase is necessary.
24. The Promoter of the competition is Home from Home Student Services Limited whose address is 703 London Road, North Cheam, Surrey, SM3 9DL. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
25. HFH accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. HFH further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
26. HFH reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of HFH in all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.