Internships are a great way to gain valuable experience in order to enter the workplace ahead of the pack, but can often be poorly paid, or unpaid altogether. Even though London has become one of the most expensive cities in the world, high quality and comfortable accommodation can still be affordable even to unpaid interns. With prices starting at £130 per week (in 2014), a homestay could be a great alternative for interns who are struggling to afford accommodation in London. Compare this with hotels that can cost between £525 to £1015 per week, or, at the other end of the scale, a small box-room from Gumtree for about £200 per week. A homestay is as popular with international professionals as they are with students. Even British interns are increasingly choosing homestays as a much more affordable and relaxing alternative to hostels and private flat rentals. In a homestay, you would live with a family and will be treated as part of the family in a comfortable family home, the perfect environment to unwind after a long day of hard work. Interacting with your host family also helps you to learn about British culture and familiarise yourself with local customs and lifestyles. Each and every host family is inspected by our team of highly trained assessors, so you can be confident that when you book a homestay, their homes and hospitality are always of the very highest standard.
Subscribe via email
- London Homestays sponsors local children’s football team for 2022/2023 season! February 6, 2023
- Upcoming Events in London! February 1, 2023
- We Are Recruiting New Homestay Hosts! January 15, 2023
- Battersea Power Station opens it’s doors for shopping, cinema and dining! October 25, 2022
- How to have a successful homestay experience (After-booking advice) September 7, 2022